I am a multimedia professional with an experienced background in online, radio and TV newsrooms.
I have worked at several leading and award-winning media organisations in the UK and overseas including Reuters, BBC, Al Jazeera English, Sky and ITN.
I have exceptional creative, editorial, research and production skills; an unrivalled ability to adapt and a willingness to develop professionally and personally.
Below is a summary of my core skills:
- Producing editorial content for TV, radio, online and print
- Extensive writing including international news/ sport copy and features
- Video editing
- Working to deadlines
- Stills selection and editing
- Headline writing
- Handling breaking news
Below is a summary of my technical ability:
- Extensive experience of content management systems
- Desktop editing on Avid Newscutter
- Audio editing on Adobe Cool Edit Pro
- Picture editing on Adobe Photoshop
- Managing and promoting content on social media including YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of various newsgathering tools including iNews and ENPS
- Use of web analytical software including Google analytics
- Ability to create infographics and write graphic sequences
Please click on the Vision, Words and Sound links to see examples of my work.